Unfortunately, holiday break is ending in a little less than a week. But there are still many things that can be accomplished within six days! Here are some ways to make the days count before the new semester:
- Do something with your family. You’ve probably been spending a lot of time with them over the holidays, but you won’t get to see them as often when school starts. Enjoy the time you have with them now.
- Hang out with your friends. One of the best parts about coming home over holiday break is that all your high school friends are also home. See them before you go your separate ways.
- Do some spring (or winter cleaning). It’s so easy to be a slob at home. But you’re not going to be the one living with the mess for the next three months, so tidy up before you leave.
- Do something fun. Watch a movie. Go on a hike. Take a trip to your local Applebee’s. When classes start, free time is a luxury that one cannot always afford.
- Don’t forget about school. In a perfect world, maybe every student would be immune to the stresses of school. Sadly, we don’t live in that world. School exists, and it’s not going to do you any favors to ignore it until the last minute.
- Log into Sakai. Some punctual professors will post syllabi and assignments to be completed before the first class. Don’t get blindsided by these and start your semester off on the wrong foot.
- Think about supplies you need. It’s really a struggle paying for textbooks and other fancy technology on top of tuition. Therefore, use this time to seek out the cheapest alternatives and save some money.
- Plan out your semester. It will make you feel like you have your life together and (maybe) help you keep your resolutions.
Enjoy the rest of your break!