College begins on September 5, but there are many exciting events leading up to it!
Here are some helpful dates to mark:
- August 31– Navigate The Banks: The event is hosted by the Rutgers Commuter Student Association at the Busch Student Center to help students figure out the bus system. For anyone who is overwhelmed by the enormity of Rutgers or the crazy bus routes, this event will be extremely useful!
- September 1– SASHP Induction Ceremony and Summer Reading Event: The event will take place at the College Avenue Student Center from 4:00 to 7:00 pm for students in the Honors Program at the School of Arts and Sciences. The author of the book Homegoing, Yaa Gyasi will be attending!
- September 2- 2017 Convocation & Scarlet Carnivalé: The event will take place at Rutgers Athletic Center on Livingston to welcome first year and new transfer students. Speeches, performances, and dinner will be followed by fun carnival games, including boardwalk games and laser tag!
- September 2– Commuter Welcome: This event will take place at Livingston Student Center for commuters.
- September 4– Involvement Fair: This event will be held at the College Avenue between Senior and Hamilton Streets. from 3:00 to 6:00 pm. The rain date is September 8 from 3:00 to 6:00 pm. It is open to all Rutgers students, and will feature over 500 student organizations. This fair is a must for anyone who wants to get involved and explore all the opportunities Rutgers has to offer!
- September 4-6– Poster Sales: This event is hosted by Rutgers University Programming Association at College Avenue and Livingston. Students looking to decorate their dorm walls can purchase posters at the sale. Here are the details:
- Monday, September 4: Morell Street, College Ave. Campus 3pm-6pm
- Tuesday, September 5: Livingston Student Center Courtyard 12pm-6pm
- Wednesday, September 6th: The Yard, College Ave. Campus 3pm-6pm
Don’t miss out on these great events and keep a look out for more! I’m beyond excited for college and I look forward to an amazing year. RU ready?