So scheduling is just beginning to start and like many other freshmen, I am very intimidated. In middle and high school, and on APA Day someone else has done my schedule, so I have literally never done this before. On top of that there are many different websites to go to. There is Degree Navigator, Online Schedule of classes and webreg and all that. On top of that I have to figure out how to fit all the classes that I want to take in four years and figure out how to fit the max number of classes in the allotted number of credits. On top of that I have to figure out how to fulfill credits for the SAS core (I’m in the SAS Honors Program).
Even though I’m a newbie, this is what I have to say.
- Make a list of all the classes you want in order of preference. Keep in mind the course number and section. Chances are that you are not going to get every single class on your list but you will get classes that you are interested in. And on the day of registration, you don’t want to have to waste time searching up classes to fill up your schedule.
- Check out Degree Navigator. This gives you a list of requirements that you need to fulfill to graduate either from a certain major or a certain school. So for me, I am enrolled to two different programs: Undeclared, and SAS Core. Obviously its different for everyone but this tells me what requirements I have fulfilled and I have yet to fulfill.
- Check out the Online Schedule of Classes before hand. Just to make sure where and when each class is offered.
- Be open to all the possibilities. Luckily for me I have 3 1/2 more years before I graduate, so I am going to try my best to take classes that I normally wouldn’t like religion or philosophy.
- WebReg Be sure to go on Web Reg on the final day.
Good luck to everyone and hopefully you get the classes that you will actually enjoy.